Wednesday, August 09, 2006

subconscious injury

about a month ago i was out riding my t-bord (www.tierneyrides.com) in madison. i found a really nice, smooth street to go down that didn't have any traffic. the catch was that the road wasn't finished it ended in what seemed to be soft grass and loose dirt. i walked halfway up the hill to try it out the first time. i knew that i'd have to carve really tight and hard to keep my speed down because of the lack of a run off at the end. i started my descent. the street was beautiful: extremely smooth and unfinished. my parents had parked the van at the bottom kinda close to the grassy part. i got close to the van and realized that i had way to much speed to even try to bleed any more. i braced for impact and tried to land in the "soft grassy dirt". the bord stopped, and from what my dad said i flew about ten feet through the air. the "soft grassy dirt" turned out to be mostly rocks. i quickly got up and my parents took me to UW Madison Hospital. i ended up with a concussion, had a CT scan done and threw up a couple of times the next day. the worst part is that i cant mountainboard, t-bord, or even try to skatebord for at least a month.
... and now for the part i didn't tell the doctors or my family. the weirdest part of the fall was that as soon as i had gotten up i felt like i had seen the scene before in a dream. it seemed like i knew everything that was going to happen next. it was really fricking annoying. and on the way to the hospital, while i was having my memory losses every five minutes, i could remember just about every dream i had had for the last month or so. it was so weird. it was almost like i was thinking through my subconscious while my conscious part of my brain was still trying to recover from the fall. the dreams were so vivid, tho, kinda like when you just wake up you can still remember what happened in your dream, but every dream that i could remember was like that. kinda weird but cool

No comments: